September 26th, 2014
Ace Attorney Trilogy Graphics Comparison: DS vs. 3DS
The finger of justice has never looked better.
Capcom has just revealed the major graphical changes in the Western version of the Ace Attorney 3DS Trilogy coming out on the Nintendo eShop this Winter, complete with descriptions. It compares and contrasts the DS visuals with the newly-refined 3DS visuals. Reply || Read Comments By GyakutenFanatic
September 22nd, 2014
DD on sale in AU/NZ eShop!If you haven't picked it up already, DD is on sale for 40% its original price on the Australian/New Zealand eShop.
The sale ends on October 2.
Source Reply || Read Comments By TheBaronAndEma
September 19th, 2014
Dai Gyakuten Saiban at TGS (live show over)In addition to the trailer, DGS is being shown off at TGS via presentations and giveaway swag. @hoso_boso gives us a few plot details from their visit:
Spoiler: Minor details
The Japanese trial involves a case that Ryuunosuke found himself caught up in three days prior. Meanwhile, the scene with Holmes and Ryuunosuke investigating the Russian man takes place on board a steamship.
More importantly, though, Capcom will be streaming the live stage show at 12:15 JST (08:15 PST - now over) Check it out here on YouTube. As in past years, it's confirmed a Special Court video is being shown - however, it's possible Capcom will black it out on the live broadcast. Still, take a watch to see Takumi walk us through the Joint Reasoning system!
Update: the show is now over!
Update 2: The show can now be viewed on YouTube! A small scene teasing a jury system can be seen at 4:54, and a gameplay demo of the joint reasoning system starts at 12:40. Reply || Read Comments By Bolt Storm
September 17th, 2014
Dai Gyakuten Saiban - TGS Trailer (Subbed!)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dK7vxwo6cM4
Title says it all. Subs will be added shortly!
UPDATE: Subs added, or check the topic for a transcript! Reply || Read Comments By Bolt Storm
September 10th, 2014
Dai Gyakuten Saiban: Official Site Relaunched
The DGS official site has gotten a makeover, bringing us a better look at the info from the past few days' magazine leaks!
Hit up the link for art, screenshots, and more, including these character profiles:
Ryuunosuke Naruhodou: The protagonist of the game. A student at one of Japan's imperial universities in its capitol, a certain case pushed him to become an attorney. In order to learn the ways of the new justice system, he takes his burning sense of justice in hand and transfers to England.
Susato Mikotoba: A young woman who works as a legal assistant supporting Ryuunosuke due to 'certain circumstances'. A progressive, foreign-mystery loving Yamato Nadeshiko.
Sherlock Holmes: The world's most famous detective. Though his skills of observation and deduction are incredible, he occasionally goes too far into the realm of speculation - a veritable "Reasoning Rampage". The meeting between this great detective and that rookie attorney will bring a grand turnabout down on England's courts.
Iris Watson: A young girl living with Holmes. Although she's only 8 years old, she holds a medical degree and is the author of the extremely popular novel series "The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes." Some say her skills of deduction surpass even Holmes'...
The site also confirms that a new trailer for the game will hit September 18th in Japan - a week from today, and just before TGS Reply || Read Comments By Bolt Storm
September 9th, 2014
September 3rd, 2014
September 3rd, 2014
Two New Challengers Appear! (Dai Gyakuten Saiban)Via ????:
The official DGS site teases two new DGS characters with... just their shadows: more news will follow next week ( as announced earlier)
Edit from Bolt: With this, we're calling pencils down on the Pick Your Prosecutor contest until we get more info. Thanks to all that entered! If these characters have nothing to do with the prosecution, we'll reopen then. Reply || Read Comments By Ash
August 29th, 2014
August 28th, 2014
Dengeki interview with Eshiro on iOS DD and GS in generalhttp://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/914/914785/
It's a very long interview, so just some bullet points instead of a full translation (too lazy to translate everything...):
- A lot of fans reacted positive to Apollo's role in the game
- Some people thought the game was too easy and they'll keep that in mind for future games
- Eshiro as overwhelmed when Apollo ranked first in the NicoNico GS character election (dates from August 2013). Also glad that characters like Blackquill and Fulbright ranked in high.
8. Yumihiko (GK2)
- GS5 was originally planned to be a 3DS-only release, but because apps were becoming more important, they wanted to know whether it would be possible to have an app version. They made one scene, which was a bit troublesome, but they decided that this could work. While 3DS and (touch screen) smartphones are relatively 'alike', they had to rethink the user interface completely because the 3DS has two screens.
- Asked by the interviewer whether the character models were redone for iOS because they looked better, Eshiro said no. 3DS/iPhone all have different screens with their own characteristics, so they come out differently.
- The complete first chapter of iOS DD is free, because they did the same with iOS GS123. It's a lot of gameplay, but the precedent had already been set and the ending of that chapter does work as a hook for the rest of the game.
- Prices were based on regular App Store prices and internal discussion.
- Eshiro likes case 2 (he likes the creepy and mysterious atmosphere) and case 3.
- Yamazaki likes the last case
- Eshiro knows a lot of fans want an anime, but such a project costs a lot of time, and they just never managed to get the timing right for something like that. And just an anime would be boring, so he would like to do something special with it if they were to produce one.
- Personally, Eshiro would want to do a late night TV drama series, because he thinks the format fits GS well.
- The interviewer suggests a GS concert, to which Eshiro said he would think about it (laugh)
- Yamazaki would like to do something like a real-life game (i.e. escape the room games).
- GS5 is not the end of the GS series, DGS is coming and they'll want to do even more after that. Reply || Read Comments By Ash